The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) has officially begun its reclassification and districting process for the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years. Per Policy 12 in the FHSAA Handbook, the assignments made will be in effect through June 30, 2021.
Each member school has now submitted student enrollment data for the current school year. This student enrollment data will be used to determine the classification of each school in their participating sports for the upcoming classification cycle.
Schools that qualify for the Rural Division have been notified to indicate their intent to compete in the Rural Division if they choose.
At this time, all schools must declare their football status via the link below. Schools have three (3) options: State Series (i.e. participate in the playoffs), Independent (i.e. play regular season contests only), or No Team (i.e. school doesn’t offer the sport). Commitments to participate are a binding agreement and will be treated as such.
CLICK HERE to declare your intent for Football. This process will close on December 4th.
- Football Commitments Due (Deadline: Dec. 4)
- Preliminary Release of Football Classifications and Districts (By: Dec. 21)
- Finalization of Football Classifications and Districts
- Sport Commitments Due (all remaining sports via Home Campus)
- Fall Sport Classifications and Districts Released (BO, XC, GO, SWD and GVB)
- Winter Sport Classifications and Districts Released (BK, CC, SC, GWT and WR)
- Spring Sport Classifications and Districts Released (BA, FF, LAX, SB, TN, TK, BVB, WP and BWT)
Note: Releases for a given sport will occur after that sport season has fully concluded
Frequently Asked Questions
What does independent status mean and how do I know if it’s best for my school?
Independent status is designed for programs that are in a growing phase. It is also an option for programs that may be struggling to field a team. Being independent allows a school the opportunity to play a schedule of their own choosing, whether it be the maximum number of games possible or only a few.
What should we do if we dropped a sport this season?
Only commit to sports you know you can field a team for. If you are unsure, it’s advised you not commit to participate. Schools may choose to become Independent at a later date, once a team is fielded.